Welcome to my personal website!
I am currently a Ph.D. student in the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech under supervision of Walid Saad, since 2021. I received my B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran in 2012, my M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Sharif University of Technology, Iran in 2014, and Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Tehran, Iran in 2020.
- Wireless Communications
- Semantic Communication and Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Network Softwarization
- [2022 December] Accepted journal paper “Curriculum Learning for Goal-Oriented Semantic Communications with a Common Language” in IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- [2022 June] Submitted journal paper “Curriculum Learning for Goal-Oriented Semantic Communications with a Common Language” to IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- [2022 May] Presented conference paper “Common Language for Goal-Oriented Semantic Communications: A Curriculum Learning Framework” in IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) at Seoul, South Korea.
- [2022 May] Passed Ph.D. Qualification Exam.
- [2021 August] Joined Wireless@VirginiaTech as a Ph.D. Student.
- [2020 September] Defended Ph.D. Dissertation with title “Resource Allocation and Orchestration for Virtual Network Function Placement by Providing Reliability” from University of Tehran.
- [2019 December] Journal paper “Reliability Aware Service Placement Using a Viterbi-Based Algorithm” is published in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
- [2019 December] Journal paper “A Dynamic Reliability-Aware Service Placement for Network Function Virtualization (NFV)” is published in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.
- [2019 December] Presented conference papers “Deep Reinforcement Learning for Dynamic Reliability Aware NFV-Based Service Provisioning” and “Service Admission Control for 5G Mobile Networks with RAN and Core Slicing” in IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) at Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA.
- [2018 Febuary] Journal paper “Semi-myopic algorithm for resource allocation in wireless body area networks” is published in IET Wireless Sensor Systems.
- [2015 September] Joined University of Tehran as an Ph.D. Student.
- [2014 August] Defended M.Sc. Thesis with title “Energy Efficient Policies for TDMA based Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN)” from Sharif University of Technology.
- [2012 September] Joined Sharif University of Technology as an M.Sc. Student.
- [2012 September] Defended B.Sc. Thesis with title “Analysis and simulation of digital modulation recognition algorithm” from Amirkabir University of Technology.
- [2008 September] Joined Amirkabir University of Technology as a B.Sc. Student.